Like most electronics the Rev-X tuner will require updating from time to time. There are two ways to update your Rev-X, one is using its WiFi capabilities the other is using the Device Updater software. Either can work to perform the same function, if you do not have connection to a WiFi source you would need to connect to a computer to perform these functions.
Updating using WiFi
- Power device up with either the OBD-II or micro USB cable
- Select the option for Device Settings
- Then select the first option of Check for Updates. If you have not already entered your WiFi password you will be prompted to do so here.
- Confirm the updates and allow the tuner to go through the updating process.
- When the update is complete you will get a message stating "Up to Date" you are then fine to perform other functions with the Rev-X or disconnect it to power it down.
Updating using the Device Updater software
- Install the SCT Device Updater program. If you do not have this installed already here are instruction for doing so. Installing the SCT Device Updater
- Plug in the Rev-X tuner with the micro USB to your PC.
- Open the SCT Device Updater program.
- Select the first option in the top left corner, Automatically Check for Updates.
- The Rev-X tuner will be scanned and you will be notified if there are updates.
- Confirm the updates to start applying them, this process may take some time.
- Once you Updater says "Your device is now up to date" you are fine to close the program and disconnect the Rev-X tuner.