1. THE FIRST TIME YOU ARE LOADING YOUR TUNES DO NOT CLICK ON “PRELOADED TUNES” AS NOTED IN THE VIDEO ABOVE. SELECT “CUSTOM TUNES” BELOW THIS OPTION. WHEN PROGRAMMING YOU WILL GET A WARNING THAT PRELOAD TUNES MAY BE DISABLED – THIS CAN RESULT IN AN UNSUPPORTED VEHICLE ERROR UNDER THE PRELOAD HEADING ON SOME VEHICLES. THIS IS NORMAL - PLEASE CONTINUE TO LOAD YOUR BAMA CUSTOM TUNES
2. BY LOADING TUNE FILES TO YOUR VEHICLE THIS WILL MARRY THE DEVICE TO YOUR VEHICLE AND WOULD NEED TO BE SET BACK TO ITS STOCK TUNE TO UN-MARRY THE TUNER FROM YOUR CAR. DOING THIS WILL ALLOW THE TUNER TO THEN BE USED ON ANOTHER VEHICLE. THE NEW VEHICLE WOULD NEED NEW TUNES AND ENROLLMENT INTO OUR PROGRAM.
3. SPECIAL NOTE FOR 2015+ OWNERS - "GENERAL ERROR 110AE" WHEN TRYING TO LOAD TUNES. AFTER YOUR TUNER HAS BEEN UPDATED,YOU MUST PLUG IT INTO THE VEHICLE FOR THE DEVICE TO RECOGNIZE YOU ARE TRYING TO FLASH A 2015+. YOU WILL GET A GENERAL ERROR 110AE, WHICH REQUIRES AN ADDITIONAL UPDATE TO BE PERFORMED BEFORE FLASHING
4. Not all Bama Custom tunes come with Adjustible Options. Do not worry if you do not have this option. You can always contact us to turn these on. If you do have adjustible options, even changed options in our custom tune files will show up as "Stock"
It is always a good idea to turn-off any vehicle systems that may become active during the tuning process such as cooling fans, fuel pumps, etc. to avoid draining the vehicle’s battery. To disable these functions, consult your vehicle’s owner’s manual and remove the fuse for each of these systems. Also be sure to turn-off the vehicle's stereo and HVAC system. Make sure the ignition key is turned OFF before you connect your device to the vehicle. Additionally, it is suggested to put a battery charger on the vehicle during the flash process to maintain adequate battery voltage.
1. Plug the BAMA X4 into the OBDII port of your car.
1996-2004 OBD-II Location:
2005-2014 OBD-II Location:
2015 OBD-II Location:
2. Select “Program Vehicle” from the Main Menu. Ensure this does not say "MAIN MENU DEMO". If it does, Demo Mode needs to be disabled from the Device Settings Menu.
3. Press “Continue” to accept the disclaimer
4. Follow the device prompt to cycle the key to the ON position to setup the device for flashing
NOTE: All 2015 Mustangs come equipped with engine start buttons as opposed to an ignition key. When prompted to turn ON/OFF the ignition, please press the Engine Start button once with your foot off the clutch and/or brake pedal to avoid starting the vehicle.
5. Choose your desired tune from the main menu and click Continue to acknowledge that the pre-loaded will be disabled (This may give a Vehicle Un-Supported Error under the Pre-Loaded tunes heading for some model years)
SPECIAL NOTE FOR 2015+ OWNERS - GENERAL ERROR 110AE
AFTER YOUR TUNER HAS BEEN UPDATED,YOU MUST PLUG IT INTO THE VEHICLE FOR THE DEVICE TO RECOGNIZE YOU ARE TRYING TO FLASH A 2015+. YOU WILL GET A GENERAL ERROR 110AE, WHICH REQUIRES AN ADDITIONAL UPDATE TO BE PERFORMED BEFORE FLASHING
NOTE: If prompted to “Adjust Options”, skip this step if this is the first time loading a custom tune to the vehicle.
6. Follow device prompt(s) to cycle the key to the ON position. If it asks you to turn the key on again and it is already on, please ignore and leave as is.
(WARNING – TURNING THE KEY OFF OR UNPLUGGING THE DEVICE WILL RESULT IN A BLANK PCM/TUNER)
7. The tuner will unlock the PCM and save the stock tune to the device and count up to 100%
8. The tuner will write the custom tune to the PCM and count up to 100%
9. Follow device prompt(s) to cycle the key to the ON/OFF position to complete loading your custom tune