NOTE: THE FIRST TIME YOU ARE LOADING YOUR TUNES DO NOT CLICK ON “PRE-LOADED TUNES”. SELECT “CUSTOM TUNES” BELOW THIS OPTION. YOU WILL GET A WARNING THAT PRE-LOAD TUNES MAY BE DISABLED – THIS CAN RESULT IN AN UNSUPPORTED VEHICLE ERROR UNDER THE PRELOAD HEADING ON SOME VEHICLES. THIS IS NORMAL - PLEASE CONTINUE TO LOAD YOUR BAMA CUSTOM TUNES
1. Plug the BAMA X3 into the OBDII port of your car.
1996-2004 OBD-II Location:
2005-2014 OBD-II Location:
2. Select “Program Vehicle” from the main menu
3. Select Custom Tune from the menu
4. Read the Street Use Notice Disclaimer and Press Select to Continue
5. Follow the device prompt to cycle the key to the ON position to setup the device for flashing but DO NOT START THE VEHICLE.
6. Follow the device prompt to cycle the key to the OFF position and press Select to continue.
7. Choose your desired tune from the menu and click Setup to Continue. If you are prompted with a notice to acknowledge that the pre-loaded will be disabled press Select to continue.(This may give a Vehicle Un-Supported Error under the Pre-Loaded tunes heading for some model years)
NOTE: If prompted to “Adjust Options”, skip this step if this is the first time loading a custom tune to the vehicle. To write options to the vehicle you must follow steps 1-6 to flash the same tune in the vehicle and adjust options.
8. The device will then display the you the tune you would like to program into the vehicle. If this is the correct tune, Press Select to continue
9. Follow device prompt(s) to select Begin to continue.
10. Follow device prompt(s) to cycle the key to the ON position but DO NOT START THE VEHICLE. If it asks you to turn the key on again and it is already on, please ignore and leave as is.
(WARNING – TURNING THE KEY OFF OR UNPLUGGING THE DEVICE WILL RESULT IN A BLANK PCM/TUNER)
11. The tuner will write the custom tune to the PCM and count up to 100%
12. Follow device prompt(s) to cycle the key to the ON/OFF position to complete loading your custom tune and press Select to continue.