Before you start: You should always check for updates on your BAMA X3 Tuner before starting this process. Click here for instructions on how to update your device.
If this is the first time you are installing the software please do not plug the device into your PC until AFTER you have loaded the software - it contains the necessary X3 device drivers
If you are using Windows 8 you will need to upgrade to Windows 8.1. If your device does not connect, please see our Windows 8.1 driver help article here
How to load tunes onto your BAMA X3/SF3
1. After filling out a calibration form you will get an Email from the Bama Team with your tunes. The Email will look similar to the one below:
2. After reading over the email you will want to click the link’s at the bottom of the email and save them on your desktop. Note: They are not like normal email attachments, they are links to get the files from the BAMA website, just click it and it should start downloading like normal.
3. You will then want to open the SCT Device Updater,(To Install the Updater Click Here) and plug your device into the USB port. This should now check for updates, an important first step when adding, removing and data logging.
4. Once the updates are done Click Load Custom Tune Files
5. You can either Select Browse in the top right of the window to manually search for your tunes or Locate Custom Tunes, which will search for all .CEF files on your computer. Navigate to the folder where your tune files are located and select one and click Open.
6. Your custom tune file will now show up next to the browse button. Click an available File Location where you would like to load the tune and type the file name into the blank text field as shown.
7. Click the Program button and you will see the bottom green bar’s animate and it will say writing tune files until the status is X3 *.CEF File Transfer Complete.
8. Run through steps 5-7 for the remaining tunes until all the tunes are programmed onto the device.
9. You are now ready to head out to your car and put the BAMA custom tunes on your car.
WINDOWS 8.1 USERS:
If you are using Windows 8/8.1 and the device is not being recognized, please follow these instructions