If this is the first time you are installing the software please do not plug the device into your PC until AFTER you have loaded the software - it contains the necessary X4 device drivers
If you are using Windows 8 you will need to upgrade to Windows 8.1. If your device does not connect, please see our Windows 8.1 driver help article here
1. If this is your first time connecting the tuner to your computer, before connecting your X4 to your PC, click here to go to the SCT Tech Support. Select the image of your device, Click Download Now and completely install the SCT Device Updater from the instructions below.
2. Double Click and "Run" the SCTDeviceUpdater.exe file if it does not open automatically.
3. Follow the on-screen directions of the Installer until it allows you to click "Finish"
4. Using the provided USB cable, connect your device to the computer. (Allow roughly 30 seconds for the drivers to install).
5. Save your custom tunes from your email to your desktop.
6. Using the shortcut icon on your desktop, open the SCT Device Updater software that you just installed.
7. Now select "Automatically Check for Updates" from the Basic Operations menu followed by clicking on "Update Device"
8. Let the updater run until it says "Your Device is now up to date!"
9. You may now unplug your device from your computer and load a tune to your vehicle!