If this is the first time you are installing the software please do not plug the device into your PC until AFTER you have loaded the software - it contains the necessary X4 device drivers
If you are using Windows 8 you will need to upgrade to Windows 8.1. If your device does not connect, please see our Windows 8.1 driver help article here
1. If this is your first time connecting the tuner to your computer, before connecting your X3 to your PC, click here to go to the SCT Tech Support. Select the image/part number of your device to be taken to the downloads page, then download and completely install the SCT Device Updater.
2. Using the provided USB cable, connect your device to the computer. (Allow roughly 30 seconds for the drivers to install).
3. Save your custom tunes from your email to your desktop.
4. Using the shortcut icon on your desktop, open the SCT Device Updater software that you just installed.
5. Now select "Automatically Check for Updates" from the Basic Operations menu followed by clicking on "Update Device"